Answering “yes” to any of the following questions may be a sign of a anger management problem. The more you answer “yes” the more likely it is that you have an anger management problem. Answering yes to five or more of these questions suggests that an anger management class may be helpful.
1. Do you find it difficult to remain calm when someone has an opinion that is different than yours?
2. Do people describe you as two different people – a “Dr. Jeckyl” when calm and a “Mr Hyde when angered?
3 Are you a “yeller”?
4. Would others describe you as “prickly” or “too sensitive”?
5. Have you ever become so angry at someone in traffic that you cut them off, tailgated or rolled down your window to yell at them or made an obscene gesture?
6. Have you ever broken an object (glass, table, chair, ashtray, punched a wall. during an argument?
7. Has anyone ever said that s/he is afraid of you? Do others think you over react?
8. When angry have you ever raised your hand or shaken your fist at anyone?
9. Have you ever slapped, hit or laid hands on other person when angry?
10. Has anyone ever suffered an injury of any sort as a result of your anger?
11. Would you say that most of your problems have to do with the way other people act? Do you think other people are too sensitive?
12. Do you get angry or impatient when there isn’t enough time to do what you want to do?
Please call (301-657-1144) or write (DrJoe@DrJoeJames.com) for more information or to schedule an appointment.